Current ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: v237.2
Week of March 27
- New ‚Dino‘: Woolly Rhino!
- New ‚Dino‘: Eurypterid!
- New ‚Dino‘: Dunkleosteus!
- Breeding Mechanics Phase 2
- Tribe Member Rankings with Customizable Per-Rank Privileges
- Epic 4K Texture Deployment (all textures at source resolution)! Better texture pool utilization at all Texture setting levels
A Little Further Out:
- First 3 Bosses and Boss Arenas
- More Creatures, Gear, Armors, Weapons, & Structures!
- Tek Caves, „Ascension“ Game Progression, „Boss Wars“
- Aquatic and Amphibious Mating/Lifecycles
- DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10! Approximate +20% perf
- Specific Representative „on-ground“ meshes for all dropped items
- Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky
Current Version: v237.2
* Fixed low EasterEgg drop rate (remember Bunny Oviraptors are best!)
* Fixed Caves not unloading under some circumstances when leaving them (was wasting client performance and also causing some wrong visuals)
* Fixed day lighting affecting new Cave interiors
* Fixed stored Easter Eggs disappearing after server restarts
* Tripled Easter Egg drop rate
* Prevented building in front of new caves on PvE
* Made Flyers able to go into caves by default on custom maps, and also you can force Flyer into caves via server commandline „-ForceAllowCaveFlyers“
* Fixed spectator crash
* Improved new cave lighting
* Fixed new cave entrance holes on Mac/Linux
* Summoned DodoRex is now autotamed and doesn’t run forward forever
LIMITED EVENT: ARK: Eggcellent Adventure, March 25 – March 31
* Snow and Swamp caves
* Increased Server Performance
* Majorly Reduced Client CPU utilization where many Dinos are active, significant gains for most players
* You can no longer be mounted on Flyers within ARK Caves
Current Version: v236.7
* Increased shadow rendering performance about 15-20%
* Added Thai tanslation (launch commandline: -culture=th), and updated to latest community translations. Thank you ARK community translators, you’re the best!!
* Improved server and client perf by using intrinsics. Requires server update.
* Fixed Fleeing behavior that would cause creatures to head towards the origin (50,50).Requires server update.
* Handcuffed players can now punch (without causing damage). This allows them to drain stamina even if encumbered, hastening death by malnutrition. Requires server update.
* Loading Screen Tooltips can now be localized! You’ll find the values in the updated ARK Localization Manifest!
* Updated BattlEye launcher with „Uninstall BattlEye“ option, accessible from Steam Launch options
* Fixed Chat to work in certain localized languages (Chinese etc).
* Made the Localized language correspond to the Language Setting for ARK in your Steam Client, with the following supported languages (Thank you so much, volunteer ARK translators, you’re the best!!!!).
Note: if you want to use a non-English language now, you must set it in the „Languages“ tab of the Game Properties within your Steam Client, as the game does NOT automatically select your Steam Client language if it is already installed. You will only have to do this manually once, and it is automatically chosen for new ARK installations.
Simplified Chinese: zh
Traditional Chinese: zh-TW
Thai (NEW!): th
Japanese (WIP): ja
Polish (NEW!): pl
Danish (NEW!): da
Dutch (NEW!): nl
Swedish (NEW!): sv
Hungarian (NEW!): hu
Czech (NEW!): cs
Turkish (NEW!): tr
Brazilian Portugese: pt_BR
You can also directly override the language by using the following startup commandline (for dedicated servers, etc, where ‚en‘ is one of the language codes listed above):
* Updated the ShooterGame.manifest with the latest exported strings for the new game content (Beaver stuff, etc)
* Improved rendering performance by about 5%, and reduced stream hitching
* Added further support for fast International server pipeline
* Improved the server BattlEye implementation to support auto-updating the BattlEye libraries.
* Fixed a server crash.
Unversioned Hotfix: Updated Localization Tool to properly handle newlines and end-spaces. Fixed for reals now!
* Fixed issue with certain Total Conversions crashing.
* New Dino: Giant Beaver, Castoroides
* New Equipment: Handcuffs
* Server Performance Phase 2
* Improved Client streaming performance, less hitches
* Updated various translations!
Unversioned Hotfix (Server-side): Fixed Meganeura, Ants, Compies flickering in-and-out. Requires server update!
Unversioned Hotfix: ~10% rendering performance improvement! And now crash fixed too 😉
Unversioned Hotfix: ARK added Simplified Chinese Translation! Thank youwww.playarkcn.com !!!
* Ended ♥ARK Valentine’s Day Event♥
* Added hooks for International „fast-pipe“ official servers (VPX)
Unversioned Hotfix: Updated Translations for Russian, German, French, Italian, Spanish, and added Brazilian Portugese! Thank you to all ARK translators, keep it up — you rock! Please remember to fill in your Credits label at the top of the localization file 🙂
* Added ♥ ARK Valentine’s Day Event ♥, which will run until 5pm EST Monday. Get new „Box o‘ Chocolates“ Item randomly dropped by mating tamed Dinos, eating it will insta restore full HP, or knock 40% off a Dino’s Tame Bar (Remote Use). Also during the Event, 2x Mating/Mateboost Range, 3x Mating Speed/Mating Recovery, 3x Baby/Egg Maturation Speed, 1/3rd Baby Food Consumption!
Custom servers can activate the event with „-vday“ commandline!
* Fixed „Unassigned“ key bindings on localized languages
* Fixed Localization Font uasset overrides that were not working
* Improved Ground Clutter Draw Distance and performance
* Added Main Menu „credits“ label for Localizations
* BattlEye Clients: Mac and Linux!
* Fixed a Gallimimus passenger unboarding issue.
* Fixed some servers displaying as BattlEye that weren’t actually.
* French Translation v1! (Translated by Shadow, from arkfrancegaming.com , Myami and Abara)
* Fixed rain vfx not appearing on clients (Requires Server Update)
* Fixed rare localization issue that caused a server hang
* BattlEye protected servers are now indicated with an icon on the server list
* Made text labels ‚overrun‘ rather than clip, better for displaying longer strings in translated languages.
* Updated master localization archive to have more strings! (multi line texts etc)
Unversion Hotfix: Added community Spanish translation Translation by Neizan, IsCariote Youtuber and his team! Also updated the „Localization Manager“ to have a „Update Archives from Manifest“ button which allows you to update the latest localization strings from „English“ into your selected language archives!.
* BattlEye Anti-Cheat System!
BattlEye Notes: The new executable to properly play on Official Servers is ShooterGame\Binaries\ShooterGame_BE.exe, which we’ve updated the Steam Launch options to include (if you launch ShooterGame.exe directly, you will be redirected to ShooterGame_BE.exe if you connect to any Official Server running BattlEye). If you wish to run your Unofficial Server with BattlEye, you can do so with -BattlEye (however, only functions with Windows servers currently). Note that BattlEye is currently not ready for Mac or Linus, so we have temporarily disabled the capability of Mac/Linux clients to connect to BattlEye servers. We hope to have this resolved within the coming few days. Thank you for your patience!
* Added community German Translation, courtesy of Thomas Kowalzik – Owner of Arkforum.de! Thank you Thomas 🙂
Launch game with command argument:
(or use new Steam launch menu option)
* Fixed infinite-jumping players issue. Requires server restart.
Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed a startup crash with localization.
* New Dino: Terror Bird
* New Weapon: Grappling Hook! (scale cliffs, grapple other players or small creatures to you and drag them around, this one is a game-changer 🙂
* Tribe Alliances (PvE and PvP). They are done! Yipeeeeeee!
* All current Items added to the Master Items ID array
* Fully Localizable Game Text (now you can crowd-source translation and dynamic fonts for any language without Modding/TC’s! please help us translate 🙂 )
* Coel are now different sizes (and give different amount of resources depending on the size… rare chance of super-large catch!)
* Allowed ’stuck‘ players to jump out of being stuck! 🙂
* Greenhouse structures Engram requirements are Stone structures now, enabling them to be learned on Primitive Servers
* Improved server performance with multi-threaded replication
* Fixed some Structures not appearing on clients after teleporting to new area
* Fixed networking issue with Linux Servers (sadly required Major Version change)
* Re-added the Beer Barrell and Industrial Cooking Pot Structures. Requires server and client update! Any servers that were launched with v233.0 will need to have these structures rebuilt!
* New Dino: Gallimimus with 3-Seater Passenger Saddle
* New Weapon: Electric Prod stunner weapon
* New Armor: SWAT-style Assault Armor tier
* New Structures: Greenhouse/Glass tileset with plant-growing benefits
* Initial Deep-Sea Loot Crates
* Improved savegame save-and-load times
* Added new special nametags and custom hat skins for: Wildcard Admin Team, Wildcard Non-Admin Team, Authorized External Testers, and Dev Kit Masters. Get yours by joining the crew!
Note: Metal Armor is now crafted at the Workbench, not the Fabricator. It will also be made available on Primitive Servers shortly.
Current Version: v232.8
* Fixed issue with invisible Dinos/Structures (caused by recent server optimizations), typically on <= 2 core machines. Also fixed a server startup crash. Server-side update required for affected servers.
* Fixed players stuck under map not being teleported back above the map
* Fixed spoiler timer for berries in beer-barrel not being increased
* Fixed beer brewing time to be 6 hours (was 12 hours, meant to be 6)
* Fixed beer barrel placement size
* Fixed Plant Species X Turrets on Rafts targeting through walls.
* Fixed case where Dung Beetle resource production could erroneously stop
* Fixed Beer disappearing in Barrels after server restart
* Increased Server performance ~20%
* Fixed dedicated server memory leak
* Dimetrodons (and Kairuku) now insulate Eggs!
* Enabled Animation & Garbage Collection Multi-threading on Dedicated Servers for significantly increased dedi server performance
* Fixed Dimetrodon Eggs creating Sarcos 😉
* Made Berries have a much longer spoiling time in Beer Barrels
* Made Beer Barrels not lose their stored items on server restart
* Set Beer Crafting time to its intended speed: 6 hours!
* Fixed Dimetrodons drowning in shallow swamp water
* Beer Barrel no longer requires Beer Barrel to learn 😉
* New Dino: Dung Beetle!
* New Dino: Dimetrodon!
* Beer Barrels. Beer. Hangovers.
* Garbage Collector performance improvements (less stalls)
* Fix for disappearing Quetz‘
* Fixed a memory leak
* Fix for remaining issue involving falling off your Dinosaurs! (/ passing thru dinosaurs)
* Battle Tartar & Enduro Stew can no longer be stacked (one cancels the other). Battle Tartar damage buff reduced to +60%, Enduro Stew damage buff reduced to +35%.
* Large Storage Box HP increased to 2400 and number of item slots to 45. Smithy HP decreased to 1500.